First and foremost I’d like to give a shout out to Chobani’s recipe blog for this amazing recipe. Although I’ve made these delicious little morsels – and so has the BF woop woop! – I have no pictures to prove it. This time around, i’m piggybacking on Chobani’s delish treats!
These are SUPER easy to make and are an awesome alternative to regular fries. If eating a whole “fried” avocado seems a little rich I’d suggest cutting up some root veggies, sweet potatoes, etc. in slices and adding them into the mix.
2 eggs, beaten
1 and 1/3 C bread crumbs
1 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cumin
5 Tbsp Plain 0% Chobani Greek Yogurt
3 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
juice from 1/2 of a lemon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Mix bread crumbs, salt & pepper and cumin in a medium-sized bowl. Set aside.
3. Cut the avocados in 1/2 and slice them vertically. *
4. Dredge the avocado slices in the breadcrumb mixture, then in the beaten egg mixture and again in breadcrumbs.
5. Place parchment paper on baking tray and gently place slices on tray.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes, checking frequently as cooking time varies per oven.
7. Once done baking, transfer them to your serving tray and ENJOY!